June 30, 2010

Out of the Park

On Tuesday night we had supper at the Wildflower Grill with J and his Mom. She was visiting for a week and we thought we’d take the opportunity to go there for the first time. I also took the opportunity to review the place for CBC. And it hit the ball out of the park, delivering up one of the best restaurant meals I’ve had in Edmonton. For this price level, I only have Zinc to compare it too so far, but it is many notches beyond.

No photos (I try to go incognito when I’m reviewing), but the best dishes were the beef carpaccio – stunningly soft, creamy and flavourful – and the chocolate tasting. Oh. my. god. If you like chocolate at all you must try it. But what impressed me most was the overall package. Wonderful atmosphere, fantastic service and original, high-quality food.

For more details listen to my review Friday morning on Edmonton AM (93.9 fm) at 7:50. If you miss it you can listen here.

Wildflower Grill
wildfloweredmonton.com
10009 107 st.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

Glad to hear that you guys had such a great time! I've been wanting to head to Wildflower for awhile, so thanks for this post. Can't wait to try it.

A Canadian Foodie said...

Great to hear it. We went for our anniversary and the service was terrible. I don't mean lousy - I mean terrible. They missed out amuse and our brioche. We got nothing - not even drinks for over an hour. You would have to drag me back.
:)
Valerie
Still away. In Belgrade currently... home soon!:) Posts (some) from Paris are up....