September 13, 2010

Just a Taste


I can still taste the silkiness of this poached pear, the vanilla-scented honey syrup with a faint aftertaste of anise, the perfect warm ending to an amazing meal.

This is just a taste of a transcendent lunch we ate in Paris, and just a nibble of our entire European adventures. We are back in Edmonton after an amazing summer. Three and a half weeks in Europe, and so many stories and experiences. Plus my sister's wedding in Halifax and some fun times here at home too. I'm so lucky to have these memories - it truly was the summer of a lifetime.

I can't wait to share it with you all, but unfortunately the blogging software I use isn't working on my computer right now, so we'll all have to wait a little bit longer. (I'm using blogger to post this but I really can't stand it for long posts).

I promise lots of good things coming up - photos of Claire's wedding cakes, plus more food experiences in Halifax, excessive amounts of cheese and sausage products in Europe, some special meals, and also some big news. This blog is about to head in a new direction ... and I can't wait to tell you all about it.

See you soon!

4 comments:

Martha said...

Mmmm...that looks scrumptious. I've seen some of your photos from your amazing trip (on Facebook)!!!

Sandy said...

Sounds like you had an amazing trip. Looking forward to the "new direction"!

Marianne said...

Looking forward to details on the new direction. That is a beautiful picture of that pear and I can almost taste it with your description. Can't wait for more details on the trip!

A Canadian Foodie said...

This looks like heaven, Isabelle! What happened to the cake? E-mail me... I am curious. Did you make it? How did it go?
:)
Valerie