January 13, 2012

Happy Weekend!

DSC03103

DSC03113

I must say I breathed a sigh of relief when I got off work this afternoon -- it's been a busy week.

These photos are from last weekend, which was very relaxing. I’m hoping the next few days are more of the same. I plan to visit the farmers' market for the first time in quite a while. I might take a ride on the High Level Bridge streetcar over to the Old Strathcona market. Now that the downtown market is year-round, it's been at least a year since I've made the trek over to the south side one. I've also never taken the streetcar across the bridge, which is running for free between the Ice on Whyte festival and the Alberta Heilongjiang Winter Festival on the leg grounds.

I'm also excited about a trip to La Shish Greek and Lebanese restaurant for a friend's birthday. She misses the Lebanese food in Charlottetown and wants to see how an Edmonton shawarma compares. Maybe eating so much of it back home is the reason why I've never been to a Lebanese restaurant here in Edmonton. There are so many other great ethnic foods to try that don't exist on PEI. I do love middle eastern food though, so I'm excited to try La Shish.

I hope you enjoy a relaxing, peaceful weekend!

No comments: